Nimble Storage introduced a new reference architecture with Cisco Systems and VMware for 1,000 simultaneous VDI users, requiring only 3U of rack space, for $43 for storage per desktop.
A preconfigured, fully-integrated system built around the reference architecture, which consists of a Nimble CS220G-X2 array, Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) B-Series Blade server platform, and VMware View 5.1 enables customers to rapidly provision VDI, realize significant savings over deployment of physical desktops, and achieve high levels of security and central manageability.
- Fully validated and tested Nimble Storage, Cisco and VMware reference architecture that eliminates the complexities of configuring compute, networking and storage
- Nimble Storage conducted load stress tests, including tests for boot storms and software patches, that optimize the system configuration
- Optimized desktop storage density: $43 per desktop for 1,000 users in 3U of rack space
- The architecture was tested with a moderate profile steady-state workload
- Modular product architecture provides easy scalability and support
- Cisco UCS B-Series Blade server platform including six UCS B230 M2 blades, each with dual-socketed 10-core Intel CPU and 256GB RAM
- Dual, redundant 10 Gigabit Ethernet connections between the Nimble Storage array and Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnect
- Windows 7 Enterprise virtual desktops with 1.5GB vRAM and one vCPU per desktop
- One Nimble Storage CS220G-X2 array with twelve 1TB hard disk drives and four 160GB flash SSDs
- VMware View 5.1 with VMware vSphere