This post has already been read 18159 times!
The VMware OS Optimization Tool helps optimize Windows 7/8/2008/2012 systems for use with VMware Horizon View. The optimization tool includes customizable templates to enable or disable Windows system services and features, per VMware recommendations and best practices, across multiple systems. Since most Windows system services are enabled by default, the optimization tool can be used to easily disable unnecessary services and features to improve performance.
You can perform the following actions using the VMware OS Optimization Tool:
- Local Analyze/Optimize
- Remote Analyze/Optimize
- Optimization History
- Managing Templates
New for version 2014!
- Updated templates for Windows 7/8 – based on VMware’s OS Optimization Guide
- New templates for Windows 2008/2012 RDSH servers for use as a desktop
- Single portal EXE design for ease of deployment and distribution
- Combination of Remote and Local tools into one tool
- Better template management, with built in and user-definable templates
- Results report export feature.
Various bug fixes, usability enhancements, and GUI layout updates.