This post has already been read 16718 times!
VMware Labs released a new Fling called Lctree which is short for Linked Clone Tree Visualizer for vCloud Director. The download is available as tar package and the total size is about 17MB.
Lctree is a tool designed for the visualization of linked clone VM trees created by VMware vCloud Director. Linked clone is a feature available in vSphere that creates a clone of a VM from a snapshot point. The new VM’s disks are not full copies of the source disks, but instead, are delta disks which point back to the snapshot’s disks. This feature is widely used in vCloud Director.
- Java Runtime Environment 6
- vCloud Director (vCD) 1.5 or 5.1
- Tree generation is fast compared to solutions using data fetched from vCenter/ESX server
- Hierarchical tree view
- Node properties & separate disk chain view
- Refresh & Search option
- Traditional tree view in separate tabs
- Relocate order of virtual machines in a tree
See ReadMe.pdf for more information.