This post has already been read 17514 times!
Nakivo Backup & Replication is in it’s final stages of releasing version 2.0, with the general release due Jan 16, 2013. With this VM-only backup product, Nakivo is looking to make a space in a market where competitors such as Veeam Software, PHD, UniTrends Enterprise Backup and Trilead already have gained a lot of name for themselves.
Today I had a good chat with them and I must say it looks impressive. They offer a great deal of features for half the industry price (I think they mean half the price of Veeam?)
Let me sum up the feature set of Nakivo B&R
- de-duplication, encryption and compression.
- Near-continuous Replication Protection.
- installs in 2 clicks and 60 seconds (I had to provision a VM first, which took me 5 minutes)
- Nakivo backups to public clouds.
- Backup to Dropbox (I like that) pricing would be ~ per 1TB under $100 per month
backup to Amazon EC2 Web Services. $0,10 per Gb per month. higher uploads speeds.
- VSS Support – support for Live Applications, Microsoft AD, Exchange, etc.
- Near-Continuous replication (every minute).
- Changed Block Tracking.
- Product installs on Linux or Windows.
- Nakivo also features a thing like veaamzip. to make ad-hoc backups of your running VM’s to disk or just to another ESXi host.
Nakivo targets the SMB market with their pricing being reasonable low (they say HALF the industry price)
- $199 / socket – Essential edition (max 6 sockets)
- $399 / socket – Pro Edition (unl. socksets)
- Of course there is also a FREE edition available!
Check the feature comparison below:
I must say, I like the feature set of the free edition! especially the dropbox feature.