This post has already been read 8286 times!
Along with the release of NexentaStor 3.1.4, Nexenta Systems today officially released the NFS VAAI beta plugin for VMware vSphere 5.x via the community NexentaStor.org forums. VAAI-NAS is still not widely supported in the NAS world, and of those that do, not all support all the primitives. You can search the VMware Compatibility Guide for vendors that are VAAI-NAS certified.
Here’s a quick tutorial to install the agent in NexentaStor and the plugin in VMware ESXi.
** IMPORTANT NOTE **
This is in NO way supported in a production environment.
- Download and extract the contents of the zip file
- Run the NASVAAIInstaller.exe
- Choose ‘Install Nexenta NAS VAAI agent and plugin
- Enter the hostname or IP of the NexentaStor host and the root credentials and click Next
The operational log should tell you if the installation was successful or not
- Click Next
- Enter the root credentials for the ESX host you want to install the plugin. This performs the following:
- Sets the VIB acceptance level
- Checks for currently installed plugin (and upgrades it if it exists)
- Installs the plugin and prompts for a host reboot
- You may go back and add another ESXi host.
Read the rest of the post at Matt Vogt’s blog… he wrote a nice tutorial how to auto start the NAS_VAAI Service.