Today we are testing Virtualization Manager from SolarWinds, a product to help IT departments that have to manage a large amount of virtual machines. This enterprise-grade software is compatible and highly integrated with VMware and Hyper-V, meaning that it is usable in the majority of big-business virtualization deployments.
- Real-time dashboards simplify forecasting, detection, & troubleshooting of capacity bottlenecks.
- Identifies VM sprawl, helps you reclaim & optimize space, & reduces licensing costs.
- Tracks VM & host configurations over time & identifies drift from your “gold standard”
- All the functionality & more of other leading virtualization management tools – at a fraction of the cost.
- Easy to download, deploy, & use – start monitoring your VMs in less than an hour.
In this review, I will explain how to install Virtualization Manager 5.0 and provide some details about the many kinds of information you can easily get insight on.
Virtualization Manager is an enterprise-class, tier 1 virtualization management product that provides a number of services for virtualized environments.
There are a number of factors that make Virtualization Manager 5.0 a fantastic tool. First of all, the product is deployed as either a Hyper-V or VMware vSphere virtual appliance. You don’t have to mess around with an installer to get the base product up and running. This allows a full deployment inside of 30 minutes in most cases. Finally, Virtualization Manager 5.0 is an affordable tool with pricing starting at $2,995, which allows you to manage and monitor up to 50 running virtual machines. Note that powered off virtual machines don’t count toward licensing limits.
The installation starts with downloading the software: