This post has already been read 20115 times!
USB Network Gate easily connects one or more remote USB devices to your computer over Ethernet (Internet/LAN/WAN) as if the device was plugged into your own machine. It helps you share a USB device over Ethernet among multiple computers so people from all over the world (or your office) can use it.
One of USB Network Gate features is ability to establish a pass-through of USB devices from the host system to guest OS on a virtual machine. As a result you can easily use USB devices on a virtual machine as if they were connected to it directly.
Full features list:
- Share your USB device with others over local network or the Internet using single application
- Access shared USB devices in remote desktop session
- Share unlimited number of USB devices
- USB v3.0 compatible
- Auto-connection to new USB devices whenever you plug them in
- Monitor all actions and operations, which USB Network Gate is handling, in Activity log
- Specify the exact TCP port, which will be used in connection
- Secure your connection by authorization and traffic encryption
- Shared USB ports are automatically re-configured every time you boot your PC
- OHCI, UHCI and EHCI standards are supported
- Fully compatible with Hyper-threading and multi-processor systems
- Works under virtual machines
- Compatible with USB to Ethernet Connector for Mac OS X and Linux
- Integrate USB to Ethernet technology into your own applications (OEM License only)
- Fully commented source code and lots of examples provided (OEM License only)
Very handy tool when you work in Virtual environments and you need to connect an USB dongle or other USB device to a Virtual Server!
Downside, you need a physical server to host the usb key and software. I normaly use AnywhereUSB where you can use this little hardware device where you can connect 4 USB devices and connect them over the network to your VM.