This post has already been read 4635 times!
VMware vCenter Multi-Hypervisor Manager is a component that enables support for heterogeneous hypervisors in VMware vCenter Server. It provides the following benefits to your virtual environment:
- An integrated platform for managing VMware and third-party hypervisors from a single interface.
- A hypervisor choice for the different business units in your organization to accommodate their specific needs.
- No single hypervisor vendor lock-in.
The VMware vCenter Multi-Hypervisor Manager 1.1 is a minor release which introduces the following new capabilities:
- Migration of virtual machines from Hyper-V to ESX or ESXi hosts.
- Support for the latest Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisor (as well as earlier Hyper-V versions).
- Increased scalability with regards to an increased number of supported third-party hosts to 50 (from 20 in vCenter Multi-Hypervisor Manager 1.0).
- Ability to provide custom certificates for the vCenter Multi-Hypervisor Manager server from the installer wizard.
- Multiple objects selection in the UI of the vCenter Multi-Hypervisor Manager plug-in and a number of other usability improvements.
- vCenter Multi-Hypervisor Manager server and client-side bug fixes.
You can download the vCenter Multi-Hypervisor Manager 1.1 beta from here.
To use the latest migration feature of vCenter Multi-Hypervisor Manager, you need to download and install a supported version of VMware vCenter Converter Standalone from here.
There is a vCenter Multi-Hypervisor Manager FAQ (2037570) KB Article if you have more questions about the BETA product.