This post has already been read 11500 times!
VMworld is less than a week away. I’m very very excited to fly into Las Vegas next Sunday. My Last time at VMworld US was in 2012… How time can fly!
VMworld is a five-day conference that will take place at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas August 26 – 30. Go check vmworld.com for more information.
So, Why am I going to VMworld in the US this year?
I think for several reasons:
- I have been a bit out of tech for some time now, so it’s time for me to update on everything VMware. especially HCI, multi-cloud and NSX.
- To connect to my VMware community friends and vendors. Speak to them on the floor and the vendor party’s to catch up with them, share idea’s and have a good time/beer.
- Got invited for Tech Field Day Extra and attending 2 afternoons..
- Tweet live about vSphere What’s New during the keynotes. and release some posts during the events.
- Write about cool stuff I’ve seen during the show.
- attend a few sessions during the show.
- Check out vBrownbag.
Sessions worth attending
- Monday, Aug 27, 4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. | Oceanside A, Level 2 |
The Digital Workspace Keynote: End User Computing and Mobility Live! [DW3727KU]
- Monday, Aug 27, 12:30 PM – 01:30 PM | Mandalay Bay G, Level 2 |
vSphere Clustering Deep Dive, Part 1: vSphere HA and DRS[VIN1249BU] Duncan and Frank.
- Tuesday, Aug 28, 09:00 AM – 10:30 AM | Events Center, Level 1 |
Pioneers of the Possible [GSUTUES] Sanjay Poonen is always a yes.
- Tuesday, Aug 28, 05:30 PM – 06:30 PM | Mandalay Bay D, Level 2 |
VMware CTO Panel: What’s Over the Horizon? [CTO3496PU] Chris Wolf, Shawn Bass and more.
- Wednesday, Aug 29, 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM | Oceanside C, Level 2 |
The Future of Networking and Security with VMware NSX[NET1285BU] Bruce Davie
- Wednesday, August 29, 02:30 PM – 03:30 PM | Oceanside A, Level 2 |
A Peek into the Future of VMware IT’s Multi-Cloud Strategy[LDT1873BU] Velchamy
vBrownBag is about community education, created by the community to help others in the community. The TechTalks allow community members and community-minded sponsors, to present content at VMworld that would not (or did not) get accepted to the main conference track.
Go find the vBrownbag guys in the community hang space at VMworld. And sit down and listen to another peer presenting! maybe next year it will be you!
Tech Field Day Extra (streaming live)
The Tech Field Day events bring together innovative IT product vendors and independent thought leaders to share information and opinions in a presentation and discussion format.
I will attend the following presentations that you can follow from a live stream on the techfieldday.com website :
- Monday, August 27, from 12:30 to 4:00 PM – StorageCraft and NetApp
- Wednesday, August 29, from 12:30 to 2:00 PM – Blue Medora
All times noted are local Las Vegas. For more information view the full schedule on this website
Sunday – 13:00 – 16:00 Opening Acts, Beerhaus 3784 S Las Vegas Blvd
Sunday – 20:00 – 23:00 VMunderground 2018. Beerhaus 3784 S Las Vegas Blvd. I will be at the door helping out my friends from vDB.
Monday – 19:00 – 22:00 Zerto ready to Rock Party. House of Blues Mandalay Bay 3950 S Las Vegas Blvd.
Monday – 21:00 – 23:00 Rubriks 2018 VMworld Party. Hakkasan Las Vegas Nightclub 3799. Looks like RUN-DMC and The Roots will be performing so I will def. take a look here.
Tuesday – 19:00 – 23:00 Veeam’s Legendary VMworld Party. Omnia Nightclub 3570 South Las Vegas Boulevard.
Tuesday – 19:00 to 22:00 vExpert Party & vBBQ. Pinball Hall of Fame 1610 E Tropicana Ave. Only for vExperts. Invite only
Wednesday – 19:00 22:30 – VMworld Fest. World Market Pavilion 205 W Symphony Park Ave. Bring your full conference Pass.