This post has already been read 7789 times!
Today Zerto announced the general availability of Zerto Virtual Replication (ZVR) 3.0. Back in Feb this year Zerto announced a “sneak peek” with some details of the upcoming version. As of today the 3.0 version is GA!
In addition to Zerto’s earlier offerings – ZVR 3.0 includes new functionality for effective disaster recovery, data protection and workload migration and mobility.
Zerto has extended their offerings from traditional enterprise-class business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR) solutions to a full Multi-tenant Cloud BCDR Solution that plugs into VMware vCloud Architecture. Zerto calls this “Software Defined Disaster Recovery” (SDDR). Zerto is definitely going all-in with vCloud. ZVR 3.0 is now built for public, private and hybrid clouds.
Software Defined Disaster Recovery, SD What?
Zerto (Shannon Snowden) blogged about this before. Short Take: Because Zerto works at the hypervisor layer and does not depend on hardware replication (Zerto = per VM software replication) Zerto calls this “Software Defined Disaster Recovery”… Also read more here. Where Zerto Virtual Replication 2.0 was all about Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS + inCloud). It was the first BC/DR platform built with the cloud in mind and with Multi-Tenant and multi-site support. I must say, ZVR 3.0 is much more: Any to Any Replication, Enterprise ROBO Cloud, Self Service DR, Much easier to manage, Self-Service portal, Hybrid – Connect to Multiple Clouds.This solution is way more flexible than anything that I have ever seen.
So, What’s New with Virtual Replication 3.0?
ZVR 3.0 enables public, multi-tenant cloud DR services that integrate seamlessly into VMware cloud architecture. ZVR 3.0 is True hybrid cloud – with production workload mobility between private and public clouds. New features include:
- Remote Office / Branch Office (ROBO) support: Standardize protection across the organization with support for branch offices, delivering the same tight SLAs of the main office.
- 100 percent assurance for DR testing: New ‘test-before-you-commit’ capability delivers comprehensive recovery.
- Parallel recovery feature accelerates large application availability.
New Cloud Service Provider features include:
- Zerto Self-Service Portal (ZSSP): Where customers can trigger their own Disaster Recovery plans
- Zerto Cloud Manager (ZCM): A centralized management point for CSPs to get a complete view of disaster recovery customers across multiple sites. This feature is also useful for enterprises building private clouds.
- VMware vCloud 5.1 seamless integration: Native support for vApps, Storage Profiles, Org Networks, Provider vDC and more.
- VMware vCloud Automation Center (vCAC) integration: The only disaster recovery solution for vCAC environments.
Web-Based DR Management
Zerto Cloud Manager
Zerto Cloud Manager (ZCM) integrates multiple cloud locations into a single management entity.
Central management of customer resources and service levels where you can manage service profiles and permissions. Single point of management
Demos of Zerto Virtual Replication 3.0 will be shown at VMworld 2013 booth #629 and free trials are available at http://www.zerto.com/trial-request/